Monday, August 2, 2010

DESIGNER REVIEW-FHIONA ELLIS.

While browsing the net,i came across the website of a designer/stylist,Fhiona Ellis. uber-fabulous designs,i decided to contact her and she granted me an interview.
my first interview ever..!! *yaaayyy*

Fhiona Ellis is a name that you will never forget. the designer/stylist is best known for creating "Experiences and Magic".



The collection is a collection of vintage,sexy,fun,fearless and edgy pieces.. ITS DEFINATELY FOR THE WOMAN WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO BE SEEN.
here is the interview with the talented Fhiona Ellis.

*TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF? WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
fhiona ellis: im from louisville,kentucky. i have been designing for 7 years. i started putting things together about the age of 14.i came about the name of my line,"REBIRTH" thru life.
i went through a lot of pain,hardship and felt my back was against the wall. after all i went through,God blessed me enough to make it to the othere side. i was a new person in him.i was free,had freedom and the old me died.. so no other word to describe me but "REBIRTH".






*WHAT DOES FASHION MEAN TO YOU?
fhiona ellis: Its one's life,how you feel. its not what magazines say or what TV potrays.i feel fashion is within you. i wake up and go off on how i feel.if i feel fierce and edgy,i go with that. fashion to me is my life,lifestyle,my ups and downs,my past and future.




*WHEN DID YOU START DESIGNING AND WANTED TO BECOME TO BECOME A FASHION DESIGNER?
fhiona ellis: i started at 14,and knew from then that i wanted to become a designer and didnt want to work for no one but me.




*YOUR DESIGNS ARE LOVELY AND EDGY,WHAT'S YOUR INSPIRATION?
fhiona ellis: my life!! like i said,i have gone through a lot. i was unstable,but now i'm comfortable with me and my market,so i draw inspiration from daily life.


*WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE MAKE AN EDGY PIECE OF CLOTHING?
fhiona ellis: you can turn anything and make it look Edgy. say i had a tutu dress.. i'd start with accessories,put on some edgy ankle boots and maybe a leather vest.

*HOW DO YOU DEFINE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
fhiona ellis: free and fearless.. i'm a combo of vintage-edgy-sexy-futuristic. just fearless.


*WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE FABRICS TO WORK WITH AND WHY?
fhiona ellis: i let the fabric speak to me. there is no favourite. whatever calls my name. *lol*

*AS AN AFRICAN BLOG,WE ITCH TO ASK IF YOU WILL EVER INCOPORATE AFRICAN PRINTS IN YOUR COLLECTION.(NOW OR IN THE NEAREST FUTURE)?
fhiona ellis: oh yes!! in my new collection,there will be a spice to it and a mix of that,but i have to be careful with the prints; there are a lot of designers moving towards that now and i dont want customers to get the line confused,but yes,i will have a little something in there.



*WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO TELL AS A WORD OF INSPIRATION TO UPCOMING FASHION DESIGNERS/STYLISTS?
fhiona ellis: have faith and keep God first. set your goals and mark them when you are done.WORK HARD..!! and most importantly,research.. Knowledge will keep you ahead.




  

check out her fabulous website HERE
;)

2 comments:

Zeekar said...

So how can we get some of these outfits?

Onyinye FaFi Obi said...

click on the link above to direct you to her website. :D