Thursday, September 30, 2010

TREND ALERT - TURBANS



The cover of ELLE Italia has Chanel Iman,rocking a turban,with a sheer top,pants and metallic belt and ring. loving the whole "ROCK_CHIC' look,but my attention was drawn to the sequinned turban.
 Turbans were fashionable in the 1940s and 1950s ; one name given them was cache-misère  ( 'hide misery"), a chic solution to a bad-hair day.. but now.. its a fashion statement.



Celebrities,such as Solange Knowles (@solangeknowles ) and june ambrose ( @JuneAmbrose) always look amazing,when rocking a turban.
turbans have also been spotted on the runways of fashion shows. wearing a turban is a bold fashion statement,i think will look great in bright prints or ankara prints to add a pop of colour to your outfit.
 Turbans can be worn with almost everything to give you that classic look. people think turbans are qctually quite ugly.

here are some shopping options from ASOS



Is this a Trend you will be rocking soon??



9 comments:

plentyforpennies said...

Great look...although I'm pretty sure I'd look like a wee frog if I wore a turban! Thanks for following my blog!

www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

BM said...

i actually love the turban look!!

thank you for the really sweet comment you left me.
I'm glad i inspired you!

i'll follow you back

BM

thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

X

Onyinye FaFi Obi said...

@plentyforpennies no harm in trying it. ;)

@BM you are welcome.. thanks for following. i appreciate it.

Sweet Confessions said...

i love the cover!!







http://sweetlittleconfessions.blogspot.com/

Chic Therapy said...

i 'd look like a clown in them turbans

Onyinye FaFi Obi said...

@chic Therapy never say never.. Until you try it.!! ;)

durbansweatheart said...

thank you for following and commenting! i love (and hate) how it seems that foriegn countries magazines always feature models. american ones usually dont :(

mermaidnotebook.blogspot.com

Tee said...

Not sure the turban look is for me...however winter is round the corner, so it should be a stylish way to keep one's head warm...I just worry it'll make my head look bigger than it already is. :(

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

http://www.that1960chick.com

Fashion Me Chic said...

The turban looks nice on Solange and June. I do not think that I can pull it off.

I was not expecting the turban to become such a fashion trend. It is works for you, why not!