Saturday, April 9, 2011

CLOTHES OFF MY RACK;- ON THE STREETS.

Hello Fashion phoenixes,
Its been a long week.. Fashion shows.. Fashion shows.. Fashion shows..!!
Feels like I haven't had any time to myself.. I am too busy writing articles,sourcing pictures and Getting everything ready for the fashion shows.
AS A FASHION ENTHUSIAST,I GO HARD...!!!!!!!!!
Even when i end up having a whole day to sleep,i still wake up feeling so miserably tired. staying on my feet for 13hours working backstage on a designer's collection ain't no easy feat. like i always say.. FASHION STYLING AIN'T NO GLAMOROUS THING.
Yesterday,i had the opportunity of assisting a major stylist,Veronica Odeka at a fashion show for Kosibah. my love for Kosibah will be written in my next post with pictures of his amazing pieces.
Recently,It occurred to me that half of my clothes in my closet belonged to my Momma and Poppa. completely stolen and modified to suit my taste. *sighs*
This skirt was originally my mum's,i took it and modified it..!! (*SNIFFS* SORRY MUM..!!). I love the zig-zag print and the tribal feel it gave the whole outfit. I had my friend take me pictures on the street of Lagos,completely ignoring the rude stares from passer-bys.  sheeshh.. why cant people just pass and mind their business. *hiss*
The Theme of the shoot has to be "FINDING FASHION PHOENIX,A MEANS TO GET TO HER DESTINATION".
I am off to overdose on coffee,I got another fashion show to Battle tomorrow.
ENJOY THE PICTURES BELOW;-







TRYING TO GET A BIKE RIDE...


OOPS... THE BIKE MAN FOUND OUT HE WAS BEING PUNKED. HAHAHA...!!

YAAAYYY.. A CAB AT LAST...
TOP;- RIVER ISLAND
SKIRT;- MOMMA'S OWN *LIGHT LAUGH*
SHOES;- DOUBLE


HUGS,KISSES,AND LOVE..
FASHION PHOENIX.

13 comments:

ShayShay... said...

The Penny Loafers. I want them!

Nice outfit! Lol you stole your mother's skirt and then re-fitted it? You gangster!

Your pictures just made me miss Nigeria even more than I already do. Ughhh!!!

lol.

xoxo
Seyi

Promise said...

Loving that skirt...x

http://followmein5inchheels.blogspot.com/

Like Mousse Au Choco said...

LOVELY SKIRT MISS

neks2U said...

Nice one babe! Really cool pics. Loving the street style poses :)

Neks2u

Courtney Erin said...

I love this - the print on that skirt is so pretty and vibrant! Good luck with everything (you're such a hard worker).

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

The Corner Shop said...

That skirt is lovely. I see why you poached it hehe. Sorry about the tiredness- but at least you're getting money :p

And i was about to wonder how you could climb that bike with that skirt LOL!

Adiya

Zarna said...

that skirt is so beautiful! good luck with the 13 hour days - i was helping at nashville fashion week last week and i was exhausted as well!

Dee O. said...

I really really really really LOVE your hair! WOW, it really suits you :) And your skirt is gorgeous!

That GOOD GOOD Blog

Chic Therapy said...

loves it!You look so cheeky and mischievous in you post okada man picture!Lol

Vivi said...

Cute outfit! And ha! to you punking the motorcyclist. Oh, loving the braids, too.

Fashion Mania said...

Loving that skirt
newfashionmart.blogspot.com

Wunmi W-A said...

haha.. poor bike rider.. loving the look though..

you have an ace blog going on.. love :)


www.daisy-mak.com

LADY D said...

AFRICAN QUEEN I LOVE IT , i love your blog i'm fallow you now ;)