Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LOOKBOOK TO STAGE;- MARIAMMOUSSA 'KEKERE" DRESS.

Hiya,FashionPhoenixes,
Sorry about my short break.. Looked like I had to impose on myself, few days of rest before getting ready to go head-on with school and fashion,as usual.
Recently,the Nigerian Idols just ended. I wouldn't lie to y'all.. I didn't watch any episode while it was on. Blame it on my aversion to watching Television nowadays.. I'd rather spend all day,reading fashion blogs than watch a television programme. Typical fashion enthusiast behaviour.?? Yes?? I thought as much.

All contestants were styled by my favourite stylist/image consultant,Veronica Ebie Odeka. A contestant was papped,wearing a MariamMoussa "Kekere" cocktail dress,from the recent collection called "Versatile".
According to the designer,The name 'kekere' is derieved from a Yoruba word which is associated with 'small' sized people. This cocktail piece is an embodiment of 'less is more'. Made with extra light-weighted ankara fabrics, this little print dress exhibits a simplistic sense of sophistication-- with a 'swing'.
The lookbook styled by me was posted on this blog months ago.
HERE ARE THE PICTURES:-







THE DESIGNER,HAUWA OJEIFO;-

Check out the full LookBook here;- MARIAMMOUSSA "VERSATILE" COLLECTION LOOKBOOK

HUGS,KISSES AND LOVE,
FASHION PHOENIX.

1 comment:

The Corner Shop said...

Lovely! Congrats to the designer- i remember this post of yours. The Idols stylist is something else!

Adiya