Wednesday, May 18, 2011

AUSTRIAN LACE..!!

“Onyinye, write down the running order!” The head stylist said immediately.
I rushed to get my pen and pieces of paper. Fittings… Pressure… they go hand in hand like bread and butter.

The chaos backstage at the Austrian lace fashion exhibition held on the 14th of May was nothing compared to the amazing pieces designed using Austrian lace.
Austrian lace, otherwise known as Swiss lace in Nigeria was notably known for being used to create designs for the older generation. My Late Grandpa wore it all the time to special occasions. Imagine my surprise when the pieces worn on the models made with Austrian lace was nothing less than fabulous and so not boring.
The Austrian lace fashion exhibition was held to re-brand the Austrian lace and make it appealing to the younger and fashion forward generation.
The designers listed to create such magic using Austrian lace were Ituen Basi, Folake Coker of Tiffany Amber, Frank Osodi of House of Bunor and Godwin Mekwuye of vivid imagination
As usual... Amidst the chaos of dressing up models and getting them in the running order... I took pictures to show y’all the awesome awesomeness of Austrian lace and the touch of magic of Nigerian designers.

House of Bunor :- 










Ituen Basi :-





MY FAVOURITE PIECE.


CLOSE UP SHOT OF THE PANTS. :)



Tiffany Amber:- 

MY FAVE PIECE TOO..!!

ONE OF THE ADORABLE KIDS WEARING A PIECE








Vivid Imagination:-




Amazing show.. Amazing models... Amazing designs..!!!
Today is my “no school” day and I am very happy. School schedule be killing me and I have to limit my fashion activities in order to meet up with the demands of school with no distractions.

Love, Fashion phoenix


6 comments:

Dominique W. said...

Gorgeous outfits!!!! Looks like fun!

http://dominiquew1985.blogspot.com/
http://senblogofdw.blogspot.com/

Damola♥House38 said...

Absolute favorite - Ituen Bassi. Tiffany Amber rocked too!

xoliquoricexo said...

YES, YES, YESSSS to those Ituen Basi pants!

J'Adore Fashion said...

Love love the lace dresses! I have something similar !

xoxo
Stella

vane-style said...

Really nice coverage. Glad it was a fantastic show.

The Corner Shop said...

Absolutely lovely! I'm getting me some lace for some contemporary designs. Love those goldish trousers and the red dress

Adiya