Thursday, May 5, 2011

THE UNDERGROUND COLOURS.

"Yay, picture time"..!! I screamed, while going to a perfect spot to get my "Tyra Banks" On.
Tobbie brings out his camera... "LET'S GET STARTED”, He said and went into one of them photographer's formation. Kneeling down, trying to capture me from an angle. Determined to give it my best, One hand on my waist, Perfect pout and The signature "Looking Away From The Camera" Smile, that we bloggers have come to re-enact so perfectly.. I waited for the click and flash from Tobbie's camera. It took longer than usual and I was already shaking from standing on one feet. (Whoever told me standing on one foot was cool? *shaking my head*)
"TOBBIE, WHAT’S TAKING SO LONG", I yelled.
"CALM DOWN”, he said. "IT'S DARK AND I HAVE TO FOCUS THE LASER LIGHT".
"LASER LIGHT?? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME", I said with fear.
"NO... LASER LIGHT IS THE RED LIGHT THAT COMES OUT BEFORE THE MAIN FLASH”, he explained.
"OHHH... YOU DON'T SAY?? GEEZ, HURRY UP THEN. MY FEET IS SHAKING". I said back.
Tobbie looked and asked,” WHY ARE YOU STANDING ON ONE FOOT?"
"MY LEGS HURT!" I lied... How am I supposed to tell him I thought it was cool?
Tobbie sighed and added quickly before taking that photog formation again,” JUST RELAX AND BE NORMAL".
Click... Click... Clack... Clack...
Different poses and lotsa flashes. Many people passed and bore holes into my outfit with their stares. The session was over.
The event, underground was a musical talent hunt show that I attended, wearing vintage clothes I gathered from my mum's "Special Closet".
Whose Nigerian mum didn't wear them long ass suits, skirts and camisoles to match?
My outfit is the camisole and skirt of two different skirt-suits, my mum wore in the 80's, Before I was born.
Amazingly so, I love that my parents still have outfits from back in the days, arranged in a wardrobe! I have awesome clothes no one has.. Thanks to them!
:)



NECKPIECE;- MOOFA
EARRINGS;- RANDOM




I LLOVE THESE BRACELETS
SOME WERE MADE BY ME AND SOME HAVE SENTIMENTAL VALUE. :)


THE FULL OUTFIT..!!!
SKIRT AND CAMISOLE;- MOMMA'S OWN
NECK-PIECE;- MOOFA
RINGS;- PRIMARK
BAG;- PRIMARK

YAASS.. WERK..!!!
ME,BEING GOOFY ;D


HEHEHE.. SILLY ME.!






CLOSE-UP OF MY ACCESSORIES.

I love my MOOFA Neck piece. it really tied my outfit together and gave it a different kind of Pop. My natural hair is growing and I am loving my mini afro. :)

PHOTOGRAPHY CREDIT;- TOBBIE MAGUIRE ( www.tcdconcept.com )

HUGS,KISSES AND LOVE,
FASHION PHOENIX.

8 comments:

Dominique W. said...

Fly photos gurl!!! Love the outfit and accessories!


http://dominiquew1985.blogspot.com/

♥ StylisHedForeVer said...

Amazing shots! Such a fab ensemble!

Mbabazi said...

nice shots, your parents are to thank for all that goodness.

ShayShay... said...

Workkkk yo' 'fro girlfriendddd! It looks so hot!!!!

LoL. I love the ensemble. Bright colours for the world!

xoxo

THE MANE TOPIC said...

LUV IT!

Nma said...

Lovely shots...been off the blogging network for a while and I love how you write your posts now makes it even more interesting

The Corner Shop said...

LOL at your write-up! I love the way you love vintage! You look great, and the picture lighting is cool

Adiya

Chic Therapy said...

lovely